- This event has passed.
8th Biocomposites Conference Cologne
14. November 2019 - 15. November 2019
Biocomposites – Find the real alternative to plastics
Plastics can be replaced by biocomposites with wood or natural fibres
Biocomposites, especially wood and natural fibre plastic granulates, are being utilised for consumer goods such as music instruments, casings and cases, furniture, tables, toys, combs and trays. The unique look and touch convey high quality and value and are therefore well received by customers. These biocomposites offer a range of possibilities for product differentiation. The biocomposite markets continue to grow: They are stable in established markets like construction and automotive and show strong growth in the more recently developed markets for consumer goods and packaging. This provides ample opportunities for innovative applications from new players.
The “8th Biocomposites Conference Cologne” is the world’s largest conference and exhibition on this topic. More than 300 participants from all over the world and 25 exhibitors are expected to benefit from the rapidly growing interest for plastic alternatives.
Topics of the conference
- Market opportunities for biocomposites in consumer goods such as music instruments, casing and cases, furniture, tables, toys, combs and trays as well as rigid packaging
- Latest development in technology and strategic market positioning
- Trends in biocomposite granulates for injection moulding, extrusion and 3D printing
- Biocomposite Award Session: “Biocomposite of the Year 2019”
- Latest developments in construction and automotive